Home in Piazza del Popolo, Orvieto

Wednesday

Venice: Part II – 12/3/2010

The next morning we walked around took in a few churches one being St. Giovanni and Paulo. That was huge and empty compared to the one yesterday, but the chapels were beautiful. Afterward I joined a couple of guys to tour the Naval History Museum. We got lost of course due to the dead ends into canals and fewer bridges in the residential areas. I am sure we had a unique experience walking through them. We found it finally and ran inside with empty stomachs because it closed at 13:30. It was a really interesting exhibit of models of different eras and styles of ships for centuries, cannons, swords, guns, old style grenades of glass, clothing, ship parts and navigation tools were what I was able to see before we were what I was able to see before we were kicked out. I am now able to start a list for when my family and I come back. I definitely would like to go back to share it with my brother and father especially and also finish seeing what else they had to display. A quick bite to eat was next on the agenda before I headed off to meet up with my good friends from home who were going to our other Italian program. The most famous meeting place between the columns at San Marco is where we were reunited. It used to be where people where publicly executed, oh so romantic. I toured the Correr while they went to the Doge’s Palace. The Correr had a mixture of what I had seen at all the previous museums I have been to in Italy. Each museum had their own room with a small assortment of artifacts. It was similar to a cliff notes but museum version. It was amazing to see them and catch up as we window shopped and ate dinner. Before long we had to say our good byes. Once I left them I rode the vaporettos back to the Hotel to get sleep for my long day of traveling to Ireland starting at 3:40 a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment