Home in Piazza del Popolo, Orvieto

Thursday

Bus Tour of Dingle Peninsula & 22nd Birthday – 15.3.2010

On a small bus like van we headed out with two couples, one young the other old. The whole day we spent riding across the country side seeing the gorgeous hills that would have been breath taking if they were only green. That was one big disappointment. I expected it to be lusciously green. We were told it was due to that they had a harsh winter. Each village was colorful and tiny. We broke for lunch in Dingle where I got a bowl of seafood chowder. Then I broke my Lenten penance of chocolate for my birthday to try a bite of fried Kit Kat and Snickers. Everyone was right about it. Delicious!!! I now understand what they were all saying. That night Chuck and I drank some beer while watching some soccer. Later the girls joined us to finish the night by going to a bar. It was dark and as we moved further to the back close to the stage there was a booth with red lights. As we got closer there was a Happy Birthday banner and a picture of Alex. Nikki and Alex’s mother had reserved this booth for the night. We enjoyed putting our drinks on her mom’s tab as we listened to a live musician. Towards the end of the night Alex and I worked up enough courage to ask him to play Sweet Caroline and an Elvis song. If you know me at all you should be able to guess which one I asked for. It made for a good night that we all enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment