Home in Piazza del Popolo, Orvieto

Thursday

Cliffs of Moher – 18.3.2010

Another bus tour across the Irish country side started on a cloudy sprinkling morning. Before the weather finally cleared up I was not sure what was on the other side of the glass window I was looking out. As we approached the Cliffs the sun came out to greet us and travel with us as we walked around. Another friend joined me as soon as I stepped off the bus, the wind. It was not as nice as the sun, blowing me around. The bus driver made a cute joke about the new hair dos we would have when we returned to the bus. It made more sense and proved to be true once we finished visiting the site. He was not lying and I have pictures to prove it. It was gorgeous soft green and yellow grass among limestone rocks, white waves beating into the cliff back dropped with dark blue water and bright blue sky. I explored on my own letting it all absorb in through all my senses before I shopped around in the gift shop. There I found some nice stuff but what caught my attention the most was a living shamrock in a necklace. I went ahead and treated myself to it along with some more family souvenirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment