Home in Piazza del Popolo, Orvieto

Saturday

Dublin – 20.3.2010

Dublin is a big City, extremely obvious after Kilarney and Galway. It is full of historic buildings with newer modern buildings popping up among them. This is what I would have expected from London, well sort of I hope to find out for real in a couple of months. They have a similar pedestrian shopping street to Italian big cities. What has made us feel so comfortable and almost home is the English language widely spoken all around us, automobiles, modern buildings, and food places we are used to Pizza Hut, Subway, TGIFridays, HardRock,etc. They also have one of Europe’s largest city parks, the Stephen Green Park. Today was beautiful sunny but a cold day. The grass was green, flowers were blooming, and people were everywhere enjoying the nice weather in this park amongst the cityscape. Walking around it I was able to hear seagulls, water splashing form the ducks movements, kids laughter and friendly conversations I multiple languages. One of many things Houston, my hometown, is missing green spaces in the heart of the city. Later we walked to the Dublin castle which was not what I expected but then again it is in the middle of the city. We walked along the river for a bit on our way to St. Patrick’s Cathedral. It was huge with its own garden park next to it open to the public. It is the mini me of Stephen Green Park. The park was peaceful and quiet creating a good place to relax and read a good book or sip a smoothie while catching up with friends. I liked Dublin and all it had to offer; food shopping, parks and multiple forms of transportation (buses, taxis, cars, rail, train, and even bike and pedestrian friendly). I was sad to have only spent one and a half days here.

No comments:

Post a Comment