Home in Piazza del Popolo, Orvieto

Monday

Why Italy? 19. 1. 2010

Italy has more meaning to me than just another country. I am an Interior Architecture student who finds the historic architecture fascinating. Learning more about the country, culture and people of Italy has always been a desire of mine. This will give me some insight of who I am and where I have come from. My grandfather was born and raised in Moiano, Italy. He came to the states when he was 17. There are certain things I have inherited and been exposed to through him. He is a large part of my life and who I am. My mother is hispanic strong in her faith and expression of her culture which has become a part of mine. Growing up with that has helped instill how different people are and how important those things can be to defining who you are. Understanding cultures has always been an interest of mine and studying abroad has given me and opportunity to fulfill my dreams of expanding my knowledge of culture, religion, and people all over the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment