Home in Piazza del Popolo, Orvieto

Sunday

Il Vin Caffe - 27.1.2010

Jazzy café music playing, warm lighting, gentle sounds of people conversing and the subtle smell of coffee invading my senses as I enter the Vin Caffe. Marina’s husband recognizes us immediately from our first day here. He catered our lunch at the Centro Studi. We ordered two desserts and caffe lattes. As we waited we popped open our laptops and began to connect with family and friends at home. My first dessert in Italy was fabuloso! Italians aren’t really known for sweets of any kind but these were great. Messaging friends and updating my blog which was long over due according to our jealous friends. There just is not enough time to fully enjoy the experience and keep up contact with those we left 7 hours behind. I love the atmosphere here and will definitely be coming back here a lot during the semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment