Home in Piazza del Popolo, Orvieto

Sunday

First Trip to the Market - 23.1.2010

A completely new market out the door to the piazza; way more food stands and less clothing ones. Rotisserie is the first stand we go to and I buy a whole chicken. Barbra a wife of a Presbyterian minister from the states in Orvieto helped me order. She was extremely nice and we talked about getting a glass of wine together sometime. Then I stopped by a stand and ordered oranges. Before I knew it I was gong to town checking out the other stands buying veggies then even flowers. I can’t wait to see them bloom as spring arrives. Later that day a group of us went down the funicolarie to the Coop supermarket. It was only 1euro. The walk was not too long at all and the market looked just like ours practically. The similarities gave me a sense of ease walking up and down the aisles shopping for some basic things I needed. I was a little nervous when I went to go check out , but did not let on or acknowledge it because then I would not have the courage to do it. I bought some bread, crackers, jam and juice for under 10 euros. When I was done I realized there was no reason to be nervous, all went well.

No comments:

Post a Comment