Home in Piazza del Popolo, Orvieto

Friday

Paris Holds the Key to My Heart – 22.5.2010

Anastasia, the Disney animated movie scenes and songs were running through my head the whole train ride to Paris. Almost immediately after we arrived the nasty smell of urine invaded my nose. We were staying at the Peace & Love Hostel, not worth the prices we found out as we checked at a bar and preceded up the narrow spiraling stairs five flights to our room at the end of a one person at a time hallway. A three bed bunk bed took up about 80% of the floor area but we had a sink and shower. It was our first night in Paris and I was ready to immerse myself in everything French. Locals filled the small restaurant, Chez Papa, down from our Hostel. Then trying to decode the menu I realized how much Italian I did know, because I could hardly read the menu and figure out what to get. Then the smell of egg filled the air as a waiter brought a man across the room a huge omelet. I was sold I found them on the menu and was able to decipher one that sounded delicious. It was fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment