Home in Piazza del Popolo, Orvieto

Monday

Firenze: Part II - 12.2.2010

A week later, back in Florence feeling happy and comfortable as we walk to the Uffizi Museo. Marco gave us a personalized tour trying to give us information not in the guidebooks. Extremely detailed Roman replicas of Ancient Greek statues lined the hallway into the individual gallery spaces. Loads of religious paintings full of symbolism and subtle opinions of the artists hidden beneath the rules art. I was able to Botticelli’s Birth of Venus and Primavera as well as a Michelangelo painting of the Holy Family. My favorite of all the ones I saw was the Annunciation of Mary by Piero di Cosimo. The colors he chose, composition, representation of the Holy Spirit and the details caught my eye for at least 20 minutes. I looked more at that one than the Leonardo Da Vinci painting in the same room. To finish out the day a few of us walked down to and through the Ponte Vecchio. There were so many beautiful jewelry shops with unique designs to display them and then protect and lock them up at night. They made the perfect example for my project, shop windows and doors, for my seminar class. For the ride back on the train I grabbed a waffle sandwich. I had smelt them the last time we were here and all day long. I gave in and boy was it delicious, melted chocolate between to crispy Belgium waffles just the right temperature made the journey back more enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment